Wrong Hotkeys

î have the same problem here.
on my swiss keyboard i have on button 11 and 12 ’ and ^ but ingame it is recognised as [ and ]. Ingame Chat is correct but hotkeys are not.
I didnt tries other keys maybe there are more keys wrong. Same bug i had on the ptr and now it went life

edit: ok öäü also dont work. keys right side of L and P :slight_smile: and § which is left of 1. so its totally f. up

1 Like

yes same here

same here, also there are muiltiple threads all with the same problem of special characters following a different keyboard layout. Possible that introducing the new binding features locked a specific layout in for them. Here are some other threads on this

1 Like

We didnt even have a bug report forum or a ingame feature. they linked me to us forum lol but i can not write there.
hope the devs see those threads and release a fix asap. i dont want to change every key and then after fix change it back -.-

2 Likes

Same here.

Greetings,

It seems that the keyboard layout for hotkeys was changed to English with patch 9.2, so if you have another language selected for your keyboard some hotkeys will not be recognized. Your language layout should work normally in chat, only hotkeys are affected. We are investigating this at the moment and it should be fixed soon.

Background software for keyboards, addons and settings in WoW do not appear to be responsible for this. The only temporary workaround is to open the keybindings in WoW and set the same key you used before again as Key 2. This will allow you to use the same hotkeys as before and can be reverted once the issue is resolved.

5 Likes

I was about to rage that the ingame support tool redirects you to the US forum version but now, with your answer, I’m just disappointed that your QA department doesn’t even test the simplest things like keys…

3 Likes

Same here with French keyboard layout bépo, a few binds working since Vanilla are unavailable. No problem in chat.

DE layout here, same error. This issue came with the latest PTR patch, by the way. I reported it to the devs via Twitter, with no success apparently.

1 Like

Hello again,

We did some testing and the following workaround seems to resolve the issue for some players:

In Windows go to Settings > Time & Language > Language > Administrative language settings > Change system locale > Disable “Use Unicode UTF-8 for worldwide language support”

If the box is not ticked, please tick it, press OK to save and then open it again and untick the box.

The only temporary workaround that definitely helps for now is to open the keybindings in WoW and set the same key you used before again as Key 2. This will allow you to use the same hotkeys as before and can be reverted once the issue is resolved.

I did this and only Ö key works. §,Ä and Å still not working.

This has done nothing for the § + ´ keys on Finnish layout

Have tried ticked and unticked with restarts

Same here, Finnish layout as well.

This is the random support answer “windows settings are the problem” and this even has been posted in 2019 alrdy and didnt help anyone…pls dont use old knwoledge and just randomly post it again as a solution when WOW and not Windows is the problem…

1 Like

This does absolutely nothing. Windows settings are not the problem, and suggesting changing them is terrible advice since it can cause problems with other software.

This is a bug in your game, a bug that would usually be noticed very early on in quality control in any present day software dev team with an international market.

plez fix a bit faster.

Also this does not even work, since you cannot bind keys/symbols that would require shift to use them… it will only bind as shift+', for example, when trying to get the proper keybind.

This needs to be fixed asap, please. This is a pain for anyone with a different language than English, using keybinds apart from 0 to 9. Also you may want to test these kinds of things in the future before pushing a patch. A tip would be to hire some more QA-testers.

This was known and alrdy reported on the ptr but they just seem to not give a damn

3 Likes

Really? That is actually extremely embarassing.

3 Likes

I have a similar issue, Im using an English layout keyboard but since the patch the only keybind its killed for me is the # key which is a main bind for me as I use the right hand side of the keyboard. Works fine on Classic servers.

1 Like