Looking for a new home

Hello!

Recently moving from Argent Dawn to find a new place to play. Would you recommend this realm to others? If so, Horde or Alliance?
I understand that RP on realms outside of AD are very guild based but It seems like there is more RP on here than say DB?

Feel free to tell me whatever you like about your realm! I’m really interested.

3 Likes

Hello Kmi - and welcome :slight_smile:

In order to better answer your question, I think it would help a lot, if you can tell a little bit about why you have decided to move from Argent Dawn - which aspects of that server does not appeal to you?

Argent Dawn is a very populated server, and if one is looking for the casual “walk-up” roleplay happening around the clock, then Moonglade might find it hard to cater to that need, I am afraid.

I have no experience with other roleplay servers, sorry :cherry_blossom:

But if one is looking for a ‘less active approach’ to roleplay, which, as you say, is more guild based, and if one is okay with not roleplaying around the clock, but prefers a more quiet server, then Moonglade could be a fitting home. :crescent_moon:

The realm forum has begun to be more active (at least that is my impression), there are events every week, some cross faction, some on the Alliance side and some on the Horde side. From my experience, the players here do a lot to make sure, that everyone feels included.

I need to add, that I am not the most active of player, so it might be the case, that I am out of the loop! And I imagine, that some events do not even get announced on the realm forum, because they are guild exclusive?

What it takes is to find a dedicated group of players, that play similar to your gaming hours, so that you can expand your character´s story - if that is an aspect that you find important too. (Some are content with just an event here and there, others are not, there are so many different kinds of players.)

Horde or Alliance, hm, I only play Alliance, but from what I can tell, the Horde side does seem more active, at least these days? I hope that one from the other side will weigh in soon. :butterfly:

I cherish Moonglade, and the events, that take place here.

Another question for you to consider; Which kind of events attracts you? :slight_smile:

What you could do is make use of those Class Trial Characters, create one, and get a “feel” for the server?

I hope that you will find a suited home and that you will settle down well, and I hope that this answer helps. :shamrock:

Ande’thoras-ethil.

Edit: On the road, so typing from phone. Clearly not doing it right. Mistypes! :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

I agree with Alunaria. In terms of roleplay moving here from Argent Dawn would be like moving from a city to a village. Despite this, I find that this little village has friendly players on both factions and plenty of opportunity for roleplaying. I believe that I speak for all of us when I say that you are most welcome here. Join now for free! Should you not like it, I am sure that Argent Dawn will take you back! :grin:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for responding!

I left Argent Dawn due to the toxicity of the player base. Started to make AD no longer feel like home! :disappointed_relieved: I doubt with a realm so small and close because of the population that there would be much negative behavior. (Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong!)

I don’t take part in the casual open world rp that AD has, I was much more happy staying in a guild and doing events with them instead!

I don’t RP as much as I used to but I’d like to get back into it. :slight_smile:
I’m not too sure about what faction, they both seem like they have their share of players; horde being a bit more active. From a glance, horde seem to have a bit more, uh, orc themed guilds?

In terms of events, non dm events really strike me. I always get nervous during those intense /roll battles as I’m scared I’ll emote something I shouldnt!

I used to really really love the public events back on AD, there would be these huge ones with stalls and games and it really felt nice to be apart of. I understand that Moonglade is more private when it comes to those type of event but if there are guilds that take the more relaxed approach I will -love- to be apart of that!

Thank you for responding too Dulvarinn! You both are so friendly :heart:

3 Likes

Very well. Shall we begin? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Not a problem at all, happy to help :slight_smile:

I see; toxicity from the player base can easily leave one wanting a fresh start.
I have not yet to run into any type of negative behaviour here, but I am sure, that all realms have their flaws; after all, humans are behind the keyboard. That being said, if I were to guess, a place such as Moonglade could possible attract another kind of player, if one were to paint with broad strokes :cherry_blossom:

The way you describe your playing style makes me lean towards Moonglade being a suitable match for you. But, I imagine, that we must await a response from the Horde side I think, to establish which side appeals the most to you. :slight_smile:

The huge public events are not often here on Moonglade, aside from the Moonrise, which is a very relaxed event; also a great place and time to get into roleplay. But we do not assemble anywhere near the numbers, that Argent Dawn does.

I have yet to find an event here, that requires the ‘roll-battles’. I know of them, I tried them on Argent Dawn, and I found them to be an odd fit for roleplay; something about them just hindered immersion.
Whenever Alunaria does some kind of brawl, it is always done without roll, and instead, with simple common sense. If she is up against an orc with nothing but her fists - sure, she can last for a while - but she would never win, no matter what the dice says. :wink:

So I can understand, why you want to steer away from it.
I can imagine, that the worry of emoting something wrong might fade, once you are with a group, that makes you feel safe and welcome? :butterfly:

I am not sure, if we even have that “active combat” events taking place right now, actually?

As you can see, I am a forum hawk, and others are not, so give your thread some days to settle, in hopes for more responses to offer a more nuanced view. :slight_smile:

It would especially be good to hear the voices of those, that are more active in game than I am - chances are, those are the ones you will be roleplaying with the most, if you decide to settle down here :shamrock:

I have tried to gather a few of the latest events down below for you, perhaps that will give you a better idea of what is taking place.

Ancestor Worshipping: Broxigar Saurfang - Hosted by Karzhuk

Leafy Lecture: “Colossal Colostrum!” - Hosted by Dulvarinn

Prodigal Son - Hosted by Ethan

Saving Little Wing - Hosted by Alunaria

Herbal Hangout #03 - Hosted by Dulvarinn

Moonrise - Hosted by Nataari

Events in the nearby future

May 21st
Leafy Lecture: “Udderly Inappropriate!” - Hosted by Dulvarinn

June 1st
Ancestor Worshipping: Tirion Fordring - Hosted by Karzhuk

June 2nd
Moonrise - Hosted by Grawle (?)

If you are interested, pictures from all events can be found at https:// alunariasavenue. com/ as well as https:// www. enjin. com/profile/19947725/pics :crescent_moon:

4 Likes

I’m glad Alunaria beat me to it; she phrased it better than I could :slight_smile:

I’ll tell you what I like about “The Sha’glade Cartel”: :grinning:

I wouldn’t normally name names, but Alunaria and Dulvarinn, since they made themselves known here… It’s only been a few months since I first met them, but through the Botany Band guild, events and such, I have come to know them as very friendly, inclusive, and solution-oriented (offering alternatives and suggestions in the event that an …event… doesn’t go exactly as planned.

There are many other names I could mention, but as stated above, I usually wouldn’t. Suffice to say there a many other friendly RPers here, although of course not as many as on AD (where I have never played, but I know it has a high population).

If you seek out the two names that I (and they themselves) did name, I think you (in time) will meet those other nice people that I did not namedrop :slight_smile:

(I shouldn’t include myself in that category, even though I am quite nice, because of my unfortunate combination of filthy casualness and altoholism :grin: )

I mostly play Alliance, since it seemed a logical choice for a nice guy, but in the past few weeks, (through Dulvarinn and Alunaria, as it so happens) I discovered a couple of Horde guilds that actually had nice people in them! I was flabbergasted!
(Edit: I previously assumed that all Horde members worshipped evil murderers, and ate innocent babies for breakfast :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

/join LookingForRP (Alliance) /
/join RPSocial (Horde)

to see other RP interested characters online.

If introduce yourself briefly there, I am confident that you will be heartwarmingly recieved.

Welcome, and I hope you’ll like us!

4 Likes

Aha, Alunaria and Dulvarinn already gave some solid advice, so I’ll only say this: I was in your shoes a few years ago, abandoning AD for… well, pretty much the same reasons. I set up shop in Sha’glade Cartel and never looked back. Granted, I still RP on AD every once in a while, but SGC is my forever home. In my guild I found amazing friends and great RP.

That said, just to weigh in regarding the Horde side; we have a few active guilds. The biggest ones are the Hand of the Titans (of course I’m plugging the guild I’m in first, haha), the Beastmaw Warband, the Convocation of Elrendar and the Coven. That said, I would actually disagree with the notion that the Horde is mostly orc-centric. From these four guild the closest to orc-centric would be the Beastmaw Warband, I imagine, which is a military guild with a big population of OG Horde races like orcs, trolls and tauren. Convocation of Elrendar for example is (afaik, correct me if I’m wrong) Sin’dorei-only, and the Coven is magic/research based, so while it has some orcs it doesn’t seem to be on the same level as hardcore zugzug guilds. My guild, the Hand, is led by an orc but has a pretty varied roster (with lots of elves too, because WE ARE PRETTY) and focuses mostly on saving the world from cultists, criminals and other baddies.

Anyway, for me personally the move from AD to SGC was perhaps the best decision of my RP career. Granted, it might be quite a drastic change of environment for someone used to AD-levels of activity, megacampaigns, and walk-up RP. For me, personally, it worked out just fine!

6 Likes

Honestly, i think that all that really needs to be said at the end of the Day is:

The more, The Merrier!

3 Likes

Don’t forget the Wayward Vagrants! If you’re looking for a more morally questionable place to be we’re a mercenary group who do a bit of everything.

4 Likes

Thank you so much for such a considerate response, Grawle. :butterfly:

You will always be the very first one, that welcomed me to Moonglade, a few days after I joined.
Even though I did not get into roleplay back then, our conversation stood out and made me contact you, once I did hop into roleplay - little did I know, I had met an alt of yours already!

With a server as small as “The Sha’glade Cartel” (Great name!), every single roleplayer plays a significiant role; do give yourself credit, both IC and OOC :cherry_blossom:

Thank you so much again. Your words mean a lot, know that. :crescent_moon:

3 Likes

Thank you so much everyone!

I never expected such a welcoming and warm response before and it surely is a fresh sight to see when it comes to the wow forums! :heart:

Thank you everyone, I’ve decided to side with the horde for now! (It’s more of a end game preference, I prefer dinosaurs)

I hope to see you all in game one day! :cherry_blossom:

4 Likes

regardless of where you decided o end up being it horde or alliance you may allways find that moonglader’s are warm and welcomming :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Stay safe over there! :cherry_blossom:

I hope to see you around for some of the cross faction events in the future :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Cheers for the plug, Linaria. The Convocation is technically not elf-exclusive, but elves will get the most bang out of their buck in it. I can attest to Hand, Beastmaw and Vagrants being active and promising, so I’d highly recommend checking out all their pages for more info.

Wherever you end up going, welcome to Sha’glade Cartel and have fun.

6 Likes

It was nice running into your alt on my alt, with the Botany Band. I’m glad you like it “here” :grinning:

2 Likes

Late to the party, but cheers, Rai! Can always count on you to promote our devious schemes >:)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.