WoW Classic Free Character Moves - Realms [EU]

Update 21:35 CEST

Free character moves are now available for the French and German realms listed below. We are working to open the free character moves on English realms, and the service will open for English realms at 22:00 CEST. Thank you for your patience!

As we previously announced, free character moves will become available in Europe very soon™. When these free character moves open, player-characters at any level will be able to move:

English

FROM TO
Shazzrah Dragonfang (new realm)
Golemagg Dragonfang (new realm)
Firemaw Earthshaker (new realm)
Gehennas Earthshaker (new realm)
Mograine Judgement
Razorgore Bloodfang

French

FROM TO
Sulfuron Finkle

German

FROM TO
Lucifron Heartstriker (new realm)
Venoxis Heartstriker (new realm)

For approximately one day, the new realms will be restricted to only those players using a free character move. After one day, any player may create new characters there. This is to allow players using the free character move service a better chance at retaining the name of the character they’re moving.

Please note that restrictions apply:

• A character cannot move if the character:
    • is a guild leader.
    • has active auction listings or bids.
    • has mail.
  • You may be required to change your character’s name once you’ve reached the destination realm.
  • This is a one-way, irreversible move.

During periods of high usage, free character moves may take up to several hours to complete. This service may be closed at any time, without warning, should a destination realm become full. We strongly encourage players who wish to use this service, especially in coordinated groups, to do so as soon as possible.

We will let you know when the new realms open and free character moves are enabled.

Thank you!

48 Likes

Ahh this is really good news. Does this mean we can also expect paid character transfers at a later date for those of us who can’t transfer to the correct new realms with our friends?

28 Likes

finally some good news.

2 Likes

Paid character transfer should be postponed untill all phases are released imo. Or there should be like a year cooldown so the community stays intact.

15 Likes

As always free transfers are for desperate ones. No good options here. Waiting for paid transfer

17 Likes

Freedom for my warlock. Off to Judgement I go.

4 Likes

Why new servers? Let’s move from Shazzrah to Bloodfang. It is a low pop server.

6 Likes

Is there any analysis done on the expected volume to move/stay? Say if double the max queue length leaves golemagg and shazzrah, this means a population of atleast 40k on Dragonfang.
I find that Shazzrah and Golemagg are the quickest servers to be full, is it worth combining these two servers together in the transfer?

3 Likes

I think the majority of people using a paid transfer would be doing so out of desperation to play with their friends. So many communities have already been ruptured by how the servers where handled at launch.

19 Likes

u should open transfer to Ten Storms, the lonliest realm ive played on , will soon be dead

8 Likes

Judgement is lower. The community of Shazzrah would overwhelm the established one in Bloodfang. Streamers and tryhards in a medium pop realm? It’d become a mograine so fast.

This is quite absurdly stupid. All my friends went Mograine, when I got home from work it was full, I picked Dreadmist (no queues), now they want to transfer because of queues (starting work again) but they can go to Judgement and I am stuck on dreadmist…soooooooo because of Blizzard incompetance (refusing to just add more servers before launch) I must either restart on Mograine or Judgement or play without my main friend group…who is making these decisions?

34 Likes

It goes from medium to high. That loneliness is because of layers.

2 Likes

Sadly we are net able to transfer from english to german servers or in the other direction.

1 Like

Why is Everlook -> Lakeshire not an option???

Everlook has queues of over 5000 at peak times and there still is no possibility to get of that server for those who want it

That is true, it happened to me and I hoped there would be a transfer available today :frowning: but yeah, I still think releasing paid char is going to have a negative impact on the long run. I already built up a list of who I want to quest with and for who I need to stay away.

1 Like

I feel like many players also have your sentiment. The best option is to hope that paid transfers are only a month or a few weeks away.

4 Likes

best solution (which they would never do) is to open up free transfers from any server to any other server, an unlimited number of times for like a week, also throwing some fresh servers into the pool. let the populations even out across all the servers and then lock them down again.

17 Likes

Love the “soon™”, you nerd :smiley:

2 Likes