New Fresh Start Realms with Wrath Classic

With the launch of the Wrath of the Lich King Classic pre-patch, we intend to open “Fresh Start” realms for players who wish to experience starting a new character and playing alongside a new community of others.

In addition to fulfilling a request we’ve heard from players for a long time, we expect there to be a lot of new Classic players joining us for the first time in Wrath of the Lich King, and some of them may be concerned that they’ll feel behind. Fresh Start realms should give those players a chance to feel as though they’re on an even playing field with everyone else.

These realms will be Wrath of the Lich King Classic realms from day one, so when they launch, they’ll have all of the talent trees and player abilities coming with Wrath of the Lich King Classic, but all players will start new characters at level 1. Fresh Start realms will also come with a few stipulations:

• For at least 90 days, you will not be allowed to boost a character on Fresh Start realms.
  • For at least 90 days, Fresh Start realms will not be available destinations for character transfers.
  • Death Knights cannot be created on these realms without a level 55 character on that same realm.

All of the WoW Classic and Burning Crusade dungeons and zones will be unlocked and available on these realms. On all realms, Northrend will be locked until Wrath’s official launch day.

As a reminder, this is one of several steps we’re taking over the next few months to prepare for Wrath Classic:

• PvE to PvP transfer restrictions removed*
  • Wrath Classic closed beta test
  • Classic Era clone service retired
  • Existing realms consolidated**
  • New Fresh Start Realms with Wrath Classic pre-patch
  • Wrath of the Lich King launch

*This will include the removal of the restriction on having characters of both factions on a PvP realm.

**Before we consolidate realms, we’re going to remove the restriction on the number of characters you can create on each realm, up to the limit of 50 characters per account.

Ultimately, we hope to see players spread out onto all of the available realms as Wrath of the Lich King Classic approaches. For players looking for a chance at faction balance, we’re hopeful that by starting fresh, they’ll have a chance to stay balanced for a long time. For players looking for a chance to level up in dungeons, we hope the presence of other leveling players makes that more likely.

We’re excited about all of this, and we hope you’re excited about it too. We’ll see you in Azeroth!

67 Likes

I like this, thank you. Can you do it now?

9 Likes

Oh well… 3 months so that people are like “yaaaaay”, but then it will be more of the same: bots flooding in, players from other realms with tons of gold (in mats) and yeah… I almost fell for it, until I read it better. They just cannot help themselves at this point, but there is a reason they just recently launched one of the most P2W games ever released. I just lost my faith at this point, the greediness is just out of hand.

16 Likes

so these realms won’t be available for cross-realm play (e.g. arena/BGs) with current “non-fresh” realms?

10 Likes

50 characters on a single realm possible ?

2 Likes

I guess it’s a way of handling the inflation caused by rampant botting for the last 3 years and another exit for Blizzard to avoid any responsibility.

1 Like

There are barely any bots on firemaw right now, pretty damn amazing.

1 Like

YES, can you not read?

Any dates please?

7 Likes

Hoping for October, summer is coming

1 Like

ye im curious about this, i hope so bcz otherwise i dont see the point of this

This is a really good idea that I’m super excited for, but please consider how long it takes before the fresh start realms become available as destination servers for paid transfers.

After 90 days, these realms will be swarmed by players with hundreds of thousands of RMTed gold and they will be no different from any of the other servers with inflation and rampant GDKP.

If you’re trying to preserve the feeling of a fresh start with everyone on a level playing field, 3 months is nowhere near enough time before allowing characters that are years old to transfer.

20 Likes

And after 90 days people from other servers are bringing the botted gold with em, and ontop of that the bots will be boosted and start farming gold to the server after 90 days.

When you thought blizzard couldn’t become even more retarded

16 Likes

Mhh the idea is really nice, but the restriction of the transfer should be 6 months i think or just a small amount of gold.

4 Likes

Nice this is the option that a lot of people were asking for - shame we couldn’t have it for TBC but oh well.

1 Like

:smiley: transfer should be completely removed if you going for fresh realms
cause the moment restrictions are gone
people will swoop on these servers with their class/tbc chars and it’s not gonna be pretty

25 Likes

I have just 2 questions:

• Will any of these be RP reams?
  • How many of them will be PvE realms?
4 Likes

So it’s a fresh server but not really as people can just transfer after 90 days and ruin the economy? Only Blizzard could screw this up lmao

13 Likes

Blizzard won’t tell us that until the open them up to reserve names. Not just that but the way I read it is that they will open before WotLK hits the TBC realms, so technically they will be fresh TBC realms too.

2 Likes

Nope:

and

And I’m just trying to find out if there’s any hope at all for not-overcrowded PvE (or even better RP) servers for Wrath Classic launch. Else I’m so not keeping up my sub.

2 Likes